Minor Winn GIBSON m. Elizabeth Pendleton SHACKELFORD
Minor Winn Gibson 1797-1877 Lawyer with Hon. John Shackelford of Va. Minor Winn Gibson was born in Virginia. He was a clergyman, but I don't know where. He died in Lonaconing, Allegheny Co, Maryland. Married Elizabeth Pendleton Shackelford (b 14 Jun 1800 Cleveland, Culpeper Co, VA; died 8 Feb 1874 in Lonaconing) on16 Jun 1819.
The1820 census shows Minor and Elizabeth as newlyweds living in Berryville, Frederick Co, VA.
In 1830, they are living in Culpeper Co VA with five children.
By 1840, they are in Rappahannock Co with a household of 3 adults and 10 children.
I couldn't locate them in the1850 cenus.
In 1860, they are living in Washington DC with Minor age 63, Elizabeth age 60, Moses age 23, James age 21 and Lucy age 36.
In 1870, the family is in Lonaconing, Allegheny Co MD (p. 456A): Minor is listed as retired minister at age 73, Elizabeth is age 70, Lucy is teaching school at age 47, James is a store clerk at age 30, and a 60 y.o. minister named A. Rankin is living with them at that time.
There is reference to Minor Winn Gibson writing genealogical articles in the Richmond Times about the Shackleford family history, but I haven't been able to find them yet.
1. Isaac Gibson (b 30 Jan 1828) in Rappahannock Co, VA) see above.
2. Lucy E. Gibson (b ~1824) employed as school teacher, didn't marry. In 1860, age 36 living with parents in Washington DC. In 1870, age 47 living with parents, teaching school in Lonaconing MD.
3. Mary Ellen Gibson (b ?) Married Dr. James Madison Porter of Frostburg, MD. Two children: Thomas Glissan Porter (b ~1849, lived in Frostburg) and Lucy Porter Teddy (b ~1852, lived in Piedmont). Mary died young and Dr Porter remarried twice before he died in 1890.
4. Martha Irene Gibson (b ?)
5. Alcinda Esther Gibson (b 1830) Married Dr. G.E. (Ellis) Porter of Frostburg, MD in 1853. Lived in Lonaconing. Had nine children, 6 of whom were deceased in 1889 when Dr. Porter died. Alcinda filed for widow's veterans benefits in 1890 in Lonaconing (dist 18).
6. John St. Pierre Gibson (b ?) Became a doctor and married Mary Wallace of Augusta, GA. ??: Virginia herald (Fredericksburg, Va.) Title Married- At Valley View, on December 20, 1827, by Rev. George A. Smith, Dr. St. Pierre Shackelford, of Culpeper County, to Miss Elvira Gibson, youngest daughter of William Gibson of Fauquier county. (p. 3, c. 4) Publication Wednesday, February 6, 1828.
7. Moses Gibson (b ~1837) In 1860 he is age 23 living with parents in Washington DC.
8. James Green Gibson (b ~1839) In 1860 he is age 21 living with his parents in Washington DC. In 1870 he is age 30 and working as a store clerk in Lonaconing, living with his parents.
John Shackelford m. Lucy Tutt
John Shackelford was born about 1772 anmd died 28 Jun 1846 in Culpeper Co VA>
Lucy was born 1783. She was the daughter of Benjamin Tutt and Elizabeth Pendleton
Elizabeth Pendleton Shackleford (born 4 Jul 1800; VA)
Mary Shackleford married Col. Catlett Gibson of Culpeper Co. VA
Henry Shackleford Lawyer. Married Miss Ross of Culpeper Co VA
Barlow Shackleford Married Miss Doty of Wisconsin
St. Pierre Shackleford Married Elvira Gibson.
Muscoe Livingston Shackleford Killed in Mexico.
Martha Shackleford Married Richard Spottswood
John Lyne Shackleford
Benjamin Howard Shackleford Married Rebecca Green, daughter of Jonas Green. He was a lawyer in Culpeper.
Benjamin Shackelford m. Martha Jones
Benjamin was born 1731 in King & Queen Co
John Shackelford m. Ann Lynne
John Shackelford m. Ann Livingston
Rger Shackelford m. Mary Palmer